Comprehensive treatment, care and management for diabetes at Woodlands, TX
Assisting in lifestyle transformation, and cope with the emotional challenges at our Woodlands, TX Clinic
We like to spend quality time with each patients understanding their problems, alleviating their anxiety and fears, empowering them with the knowledge to live positively with Diabetes. With more than 20 years of experience in Healthcare, Dr. Nihal U. Siddiqui always focus on comprehensive healthcare for all patients and their families. Appended below some general information regarding diabetes, however, we always appreciate prior consultation with us to diagnose the status, types of diabetes and comprehensive treatment guidelines.
Please call us at (281) 364-1960 to confirm your appointment with us.
Diabetes melitus is a chronic condition characterized by raised blood glucose levels from inadequate insulin production, insulin action or both. It is occur when our body lacks adequate sugar level from food. The effects of diabetes is a long term damage, malfunction and failure of various organs. Best way to prevent diabetes to control food habit and lifestyle and taking care of yourself.
Symptoms of diabetes included:
- Extreme thirst or sugar
- Dry mouth
- Continuous urination or urine infection
- Blurred vision
- Fatigue(weak, tired feeling)
- Tingling in the extremities(Numb hands or feet)
- Sudden weight loss
- Diabetic coma
- Infection takes time to heal
Diabetes is a disease caused by abnormally excess insulin in the body. Insulin produced by the pancreas lowers blood glucose. Absence or insufficient production of insulin, or an inability of the body to properly use insulin causes diabetes.
There are several kind of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Type 3 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
- Diabetes LADA
- Diabetes MODY
- Double diabetes
- Steroid-induced diabetes
- Brittle diabetes
- Secondary diabetes
- Diabetes insipidus
- Juvenile diabetes
Details are given below
Type 1 diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes occurs when the pancrease stop producing insulin.It occurs before the age of 40 specially in childhood or if anyone has family history of diabetes.Type 1 patient must need to use insulin injection to keep blood sugar level in normal range.
Type 2 diabetes:
Type 2 diabetes occurs still producing insulin but not enough, and our body doesn’t resist what it produced.It occurs after the age of 40.This type of patient need to change their lifestyle by regular exercise and proper food habit, diabetes medication including pills and insulin injection for better health.
Type 3 diabetes
This kind of diabetes closely related to the Alzheimers disease
It can occur specially during pregnancy
It’s a form of type 1 that can occur in adults
It’s rare, it can caused by a known genetic mutation
This occurs when type 1 diabetes develop insulin resistance
This is occurred when type 2 brought on by long term corticosteroids
This is a kind of diabetes that is a form of type 1 which is very hard to control
This kind of diabetes occurs as a consequence of another medical condition
It’s a rare form of diabetes which is not related to diabetes mallitus
It refers to diabetes at the very young age
There is several test according to different kind of diabetes.
- First and foremost for diabetes test is blood test. A blood sample taken at a random, when the patient last ate. A random blood sugar level 200 milligrams per deciliter(mg/dl)- 11.1 millimiles per liter or higher indicates diabetes.
- Sometime patients needs to keep fast for test. A blood sample will be taken after an overnight fast. A fasting blood sugar level from 100-125 (mg/dl) is considered prediabetes. If the result is beyond 126 (mg/dl) or higher then the result indicates diabetes.
- There is a oral glucose tolerance test, for this test patient need to keep fast overnight and measure blood sugar level, then the patient drink sugary liquid and blood sugar level will be tested periodically for next two hour. Sugar level is 140 mg/dl is normal, more than 200 mg/dl after two hours indicates diabetes.
- There is some test result according to the American diabetes Association(ADA) on the basis of which diabetes can be detected.
- When any patient’s fasting plasma glucose is 126 mg/dl. Normal plasma glucose is 70-100 mg/dl
- Any patient who has additional risk factors such as high blood pressure, a sedentary lifestyle, a history of polycystic covary syndrome, delivered a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds, a history of diabetes in pregnancy, high cholesterol level, a history of heart disease, and having a close relatives with diabetes
Controlling glucose level is a major goal for diabetes treatment. Type 1 diabetes can be manage with insulin as well as diet food habit and exercise. Even a little bit of change in lifestyle can reduce the risk for diabetes. Eat a diet which is low in fat, calories and carbohydrates. Include vegetables, whole grains. Eating in smaller portion can helps keep blood sugar under control.
Everyday physical activity helps to reduce insulin resistance. Losing weight can improve blood sugar level which reduce the risk for cardiovascular disease. Testing blood glucose level before and after meal can also help to more careful about having food, which can help to improve one’s feeling to control diabetes. When glucose level is 200 it refers.
high sugar. When the sugar level is 90-130 in the morning fasting time and less than 180 one to two hour after meal refers to normal glucose level.